Specialist, ERP Communications Lead
Position title: Specialist, ERP Communications Lead
Position #: 128738
Join our team to be part of the transformation to the next generation of administrative computing at the University of Maryland (UMD). We are seeking an experienced person to serve as the Communications Lead for the ERP team. This person distills functional, technical, and project-related information into messaging that will be consumed by the broader University community. The Communications Lead receives direct supervision from the Assistant Director of Change but is expected to work across the ERP team as necessary. The Communications position works within the Division of Information Technology.
Education: Required: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
* Minimum of five (5+) years’ experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems (e.g., Workday, PeopleSoft, SAP)
* Demonstrated experience in business communications to audiences from executive down to the staff level.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
* Demonstrated ability to coordinate a high level of activity under various conditions and constraints, while paying close attention to details and accuracy of information.
* Ability to work as part of a team and with members of other functional/technical teams to identify action items, team member responsibilities, etc.
* Analytical abilities, critical thinking, and problem-solving competencies to support non-standard, unique problem resolution.
* Exceptional interpersonal skills, including relationship and conflict management.
* High level of familiarity with social media platforms and other channels of communication.
* Strong written and oral communication skills.
* Expertise with office productivity applications such as Google Workspace or Microsoft Office.
* Keen understanding of communication trends, developments in technology and effectiveness, and best practices.
Preferences: Facilitation and presentation with large audiences.
* Medical, dental, and vision coverage designed to help you and your family live a healthy lifestyle;
* Flexible work opportunities;
* UMCP Tuition Remission for employees, and their dependents to grow and achieve greatness;
* Generous paid time off package to address work/life balance and maintain well-being;
* Retirement Benefits created to aid employees in reaching future retirement goals;
Salary range: High $80,000s-Mid $90,000s
**This position does not provide sponsorship for Visas.
Physical demands: Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Repetitive motion. Occasional evening and weekend work to meet deadlines. Sitting for extended periods of time. Dexterity of hands and fingers required to operate a computer keyboard or mouse, and to handle other computer components.
Best consideration date: 10/09/2023 or open until filled
Please apply at: https://ejobs.umd.edu/
Background Check: Offers of employment are contingent on completion of a background check. Information reported by the background check will not automatically disqualify you from employment.