Swift Communications, a multi-media company with offices in some of the best known resort markets across Colorado, Utah and California, is currently seeking a highly energetic Systems Technician for our Information Services department. This position is part of a team responsible for providing user desktop support on Mac OS and Windows platforms as well as equipment upkeep and repair.
The Systems Technician will also aid in the smooth and consistent operations of other newspaper systems. This will include installation and maintenance of hardware, software, security and telecommunication systems. Everyday user interaction will require an effective balance of strong customer service skills, technical knowledge, troubleshooting skills and business understanding. The position will be based in one of our Colorado mountain offices with day travel to other offices in the area as well as helping users throughout the company remotely.
Swift Communications is a privately held, growth-oriented company comprised of more than 300 dedicated employees. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
• Respond to customer support requests, in person, by phone and electronically via e-mail and the help desk, ensuring prompt response and resolution. Follow-up on any requests not immediately resolved, or those handed off to someone else.
• Record details of actions taken on support requests to improve overall team response.
• Perform user setup and removal requests
• Ensure IT department standards and procedures are implemented and maintained.
• Recognize, document and alert IT Manager of trends in support requests.
• Recommend process improvements.
• Aid in systems and software updates
• Data back up and recovery, as directed by manager.
• Corporate system support, as directed by manager.
• Maintain company asset records.
• Regularly communicate status, challenges and successes to IT Manager.
• Regularly engage support staff to share knowledge and solicit solutions.
Qualifications and Desired Qualities:
• Degree in IT related field or equivalent experience.
• Have solid understanding of Mac and PC environments.
• At least two years in IT related field.
• Customer Service Competency: Provide top-notch customer service. Understand that our customers (readers, advertisers, coworkers) are what we are here for, and their problem is our problem.
• Great Results: Has a passion and a drive for great results. In other words, someone who isn't looking for "good enough," but "great," or perfect. Strives for excellence.
• Team Success: Works for the team's success, or knows that the key to success is helping to make those around them successful. Develops and enables co-workers.
• Listens to others: Listens and learns from all.
• Ability to lift 50+ lbs We need to make sure there is a way for each person to have a voice in shaping our future.
• Inspires Greatness: Inspire greatness by recognizing greatness in others.
• Stress Tolerance: The ability to remain calm under pressure. The 'on deadline' nature of our company can create elevated emotions.
• Communications skills: Both verbal and written communication is a foundation of our work.
• Technical background and competency: Many of the specific skills required can be learned on the job, but a demonstrated proficiency in technical ability is critical to success.
Swift Communications is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Competitive benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance after 60 days of employment, $500 Recreation Bonus after 6 months and 401k Plan after 1 year.