Associate Software Engineer
We are growing in Sterling!
Sterling Systems & Controls, Inc for over 50 years has designed, engineered and specialized in producing customized material weighing and batching systems, bulk bag filling/packaging stations, bulk bag unloading systems, process controls and plantwide automation systems.
ASSOCIATE SOFTWARE ENGINEER
Working under the direction of project managers to program and develop software applications on many different platforms. Provide customer support during start up as well as troubleshooting
- Work under the direction of Senior Engineers
- Modify existing customer programs
- Programming of material handling application using various platforms
- Create customer approval packages and sequence of operations
- Write detailed instruction manuals for completed projects
- Conduct in-house checkout of completed systems
- Research new technology available in market
- Assist customers with onsite and phone troubleshooting and system start up.
- Accuracy and high attention to detail
- Time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written grammar skills
- Problem solving ability
- Methodical thinking skills
- Ability to communicate to all levels of plant personnel
Knowledge, Education or Experience:
Bachelor’s degree or related field experience to include but not limited to:
- C++ and C# programming languages; WPF, ASP.NET; SQL Scripting; and SSRS. Have an understanding of Linq-To-SQL, MVVM, and Prism patterns and practices.
- Knowledge of PLC Programming is a Plus
- Electrical/Electronics Aptitude with ability to read basic schematics is a Plus
- Mechanically Inclined is a Plus
- Ability to work independently without supervision
- Travel enthusiastic (Drive, fly and other means of travel)
- Dependable hard working
- Flexible to changing priorities and routines
- Long periods of standing or sitting, with extended periods of work at a computer & traveling
- Squatting, lifting and stretching
Sterling Systems & Controls, Inc, offers highly competitive wages & company benefits.
To apply, send resume to:
Sterling Systems & Controls, Inc.
PO Box 418
Sterling, IL 61081
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org