Senior Network Engineer
Senior Network Engineer
State of Connecticut, Judicial Branch
The State of Connecticut Judicial Branch is seeking an accomplished Senior Network Engineer (Information Technology Analyst IV) in the Network and Security Operations unit. The successful candidate will be primarily responsible for administering Palo Alto firewall and the implementation, support, maintenance, and administration of 70 remote network locations and multiple active data centers. Qualified applicants will possess experience in the specific functional area of Network Support.
The qualified candidate will have hands-on experience in network operations and thorough knowledge of BGP, EIGRP.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Palo Alto firewall configuration, administration, and maintenance
- Network maintenance (software and hardware upgrades)
- High level Complex Network troubleshooting
- Documentation of network problems and designs
- Monitor network health and performance
- Troubleshooting Imperva Security
- Experience with Meraki
- Tenable LCE and Nessus security vulnerability scanning tool
- SIEM Analysis
- Incident Response participation
Preference will be given to qualified candidates who are proficient with:
- Palo Alto firewall, Cisco hardware and software experience
- High level of experience with Panorama and log collectors
- Able to create and manage firewall rules and policies.
- NGFW, Panorama, Global Protect, VM Series, App-ID, NAT, User-ID, SSL Decrypt, Wildfire
- Experience with Cortex, XDR Pro, NTA, Data Lake, Autofocus, TIM
- High Level Data Center Design, Implementation and Troubleshooting experience
- Experience in Multi ISP and Advance BGP routing
- Cisco ISE Advance level Knowledge and Troubleshooting
- Expertise Infoblox (for IPAM, DNS & DHCP)
- Network security best practices hands on experience.
- Microsoft Azure networking experience.
- Cisco Nexus 5k and 7K Switches
- Must have skills to Audit LAN/WAN and security and document and recommend best practice.
- Cisco DNAC Configuration, implementation, and design
- Tenable.sc Scans and LCE
- Meraki WiFi Design and implementation
- 802.1x NAC
- Imperva Firewalls
- Path Solutions, Scrutinizer, OpUtils
- Python Scripting
Additional preferences will be given to qualified candidates who possess the following:
- Ability to perform risk assessments and investigate cyber security incidents.
- Demonstrate experience in operation, administration, and management of Cisco QoS, FabricPath, OTV, EIGRP, BGP protocols.
- Experience with IPSEC/GRE Tunnels.
In addition to the preferred qualifications, the preferred candidate will possess a positive attitude; proficient verbal skills; a collaborative approach to working in a close team environment; willingness to assist and share knowledge with peers and subordinates; strong writing skills, submitting reports, proposals, and postmortem analyses.
This position qualifies for hybrid remote work.
Salary Range: $93,397 - $129,026/year – plus State of Connecticut benefits.
New employees begin at the minimum. The starting salary for existing state employees may be higher than the minimum, in accordance with existing Judicial Branch policy.
The State of Connecticut Judicial Branch offers its employees a top notch array of health and retirement benefits including but not limited to: paid holidays, vacation, sick and personal leave, group life insurance, 457 Deferred Compensation, voluntary flexible spending account programs, discounted auto and home insurance policies and long and short term disability.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
General Experience: Eight (8) years of experience in information technology (IT), programming, systems/software development or another IT related field with a concentration in the specific area of the position being applied for.
Special Experience: One (1) year of the General Experience must have been at the advanced working level with responsibility for performing a full range of moderately complex technical support functions as highlighted in one of functional area(s) listed above.
1) College training in management information systems, computer science, electrical engineering or related area may be substituted for the General Experience on the basis of fifteen (15) semester hours equaling six (6) months of experience to a maximum of four (4) years for a Bachelor’s degree.
2) A Master’s degree in management information systems, computer science, electrical engineering or related area may be substituted for one (1) additional year of the General Experience.
3) Relevant certification in management information systems, computer science, electrical engineering, project management or related area may be substituted for up to six (6) months of the general experience.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENT: Incumbents may be required to travel within the State in the course of their daily work.
Applications must be received by June 12, 2023. Applications must be submitted through the on-line application site at: (CLICK BELOW). Resumes or paper applications will not be accepted.
Careers at the Branch play an essential role for the public and society. Our meaningful, challenging, and interesting positions have a long-lasting effect that serves to advance justice and ultimately provides for the greater good of all.
Please reference posting number 23-4000-027