Webmaster Job Description
Required: Bachelor’s degree in a related field with one (1) year of experience in a related field
Equivalency: Associate’s degree and 3 years’ experience in a related field.
FLSA Status: Non- Exempt
Level: eight (8)
Salary: $20.71 - $23.49 hourly DOE
Southeast New Mexico College formerly New Mexico State University Carlsbad was formed by
House Bill 212 in April 2021. HB212 made Southeast New Mexico College an Independent College
accredited by Higher Learning Commission. SENMC is a diverse and community-centered
institution dedicated to excellence and student success through transformative discovery.
Purpose and Scope
Under general supervision of the president’s office, the webmaster will be responsible for
maintenance and content development using a variety of web-based programming languages.
The Webmaster will continually update content, monitor, and evaluate web performance of the
institution’s website to ensure and protect the integrity of the institution. They will establish
relationships and continually communicate with stakeholders, partners, and vendors in relation
to the website and its purpose.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for website maintenance, content creation, and basic design
• Responsible for troubleshooting and ensuring website is functioning properly and remains
• Assist with the creation of policies, procedures, and reporting related to the website.
• Collaborate with faculty, staff, students, and stakeholders to ensure appropriate, required,
and requested content is included on the website
• Ensure institution approved 3rd party services are functioning properly within the website
• Provide website activity reports to supervisor upon request
• Provide general informational presentations
• Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Knowledge of Bootstrap, CSS, HTML/XHTML, or other programming languages
related to web maintenance and design
• Ability to work both independently, as well as within a team
• Able to follow the mission, vision, policies, procedures, and guidelines set by the
• Must have excellent problem-solving skills
• Ability to communicate effectively
• Must be organized and capable of maintaining accurate records and reports set by
• Able to create strategic plans and reports, as needed
• Must be goal oriented
SENMC is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.