Audio/Visual Tech-Jr. Systems Administrator
NY Creates is a leading research and development hub as well as a commercialization facilitator in advanced digital, analog, and power technologies.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- AV event support for Staff and External Guests
- Assist with pre-installation or pre-event surveys and consultation, discussing with customers their audio/visual needs and capabilities and advising them on the equipment that would best meet those needs.
- Operate a wide variety of audio/visual equipment.
- Conference Room equipment Cisco, Crestron, Projectors, AV cart
- Competent in the use of Web Collaboration application such as Webex, Teams and Zoom.
- Basic troubleshooting of AV Equipment
- Work with External Vendors for troubleshooting/repairing equipment and for upgrading technology needs for the facility.
- Write training material on how to use AV equipment.
- Train users how to use AV equipment.
- Update and Patch AV equipment and associated systems
- Support System Administrators to manage associated servers and systems.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team.
- Preform other System Administrator duties as needed.
- Associate degree in information technology, Computer Science degree from college or University accredited by the US Department of Education or internationally recognized accrediting organization.
- Related field with 2 plus years providing related technical support in a high-volume environment is recommended.
- Must demonstrate effective problem solving and analytical skills and proficiency with Audio Visual and end.
- User support
- Demonstrated knowledge of video conference solutions
- Possess knowledge of best practices for maintaining information security
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information responsibly.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively, display patience and understanding when working with other employees who struggle to master new technologies.
- Ability to work calmly and methodically under pressure and against tight deadlines; ability to work within a team as well as independently.
- Demonstrated ability to work and conduct research independently.
Bachelor's degree and 2 years of related experience.
- 4 years of experience will satisfy degree and experience requirements.
- Technical Certificates in Information Technology with 3 to 4 years of previous experience in an Audio Visual and help desk environment is recommended.
- Medical, Vision, and Dental
- Competitive Pay and PTO
- Flexible Heath Spending and Dependent Care Accounts
- Basic / Optional Life Insurance
- Post-Retirement Health Insurance
- Employer contribution of 7% of earnings to a Basic Retirement plan after meeting one year of service.
- Optional employee contributed retirement account.
Salary Range: $67,000-80,000
*Posted range is determined upon experience and education.
Location: 257 Fuller Road, Albany, NY 12203
Employment is with the Research Foundation for SUNY which is an Equal opportunity Employer including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Research Foundation employees are subject to restrictions related to participation in Foreign Government Talent Recruitment Programs, as defined and detailed in United States Department of Energy Order 486.1. You will be asked to disclose any such participation at the time of hire for review by the Research Foundation.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), if you have a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to apply, please call Human Resources at 518-437-8686.