Help Desk Specialist II
Summary: As the initial phone contact for clients, help desk employee collects detailed information and prioritizes service requests in order to determine resolution or a method of escalation.
General Description: The Help Desk II must be able to work effectively and efficiently to identify and resolve multiple high priority issues in a fast-paced office environment with constant interruptions and continual deadlines. This position must demonstrate professionalism to the client in order to positively affect customer’s impression of our support. This position must have excellent organizational skills, a sense of urgency, the ability to make good decisions, and the skills needed to effectively prioritize tasks.
Essential Duties / Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Enters, prioritizes, and escalates service tickets via the ticket system.
- Maintains professional positive attitude that communicates our brand to our clients.;
- Works directly with customers, via the phone, onsite, and online, to provide services and help resolve computing problems.
- Responds promptly to customer needs, escalates difficult customer situations, and solicits customer feedback to improve service.
- Installs hardware and peripheral components such as monitors, keyboards, and printers on users’ premises.
- Loads appropriate PC software packages such as operating systems, networking components, and office applications.
- Works independently to Resolves general IT problems (PC hardware, PC software, Server etc.) within SLAs.
- Assists junior level help desk positions for training and mentoring.
- Analyzes system logs and identifies potential issues with computer systems.
- Monitors queue e-mail request folders
- Provides support and/or coverage to meet queue needs based on department needs and team availability.
- Other duties as assigned
Occasional regional travel, weekend work and on-call rotation will be required.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Honest, pleasant manner, and good personal hygiene.
- Free of alcohol and drug abuse.
- Valid state driver’s license and proof of insurance.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Detail oriented, ability to multi-task, organized, and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrates self-directed learning and participation in continuing education through professional journals, approved seminars, etc.
- Adheres to departmental standards and personnel policies by demonstrating professional demeanor in conduct and appearance.
- Follows company departmental standards and personnel policies by using good teamwork and communication skills to help identify concerns and solutions, assisting where needed to ensure a smooth functioning department.
- Performs other duties as required by displaying team spirit and self-growth, accepting and performing other projects and responsibilities, and requesting other projects and responsibilities.
- Rotates to other shifts and locations as needed
- Follows all Health and Safety policies and guidelines of Inland Imaging and its partners depending on work location
- There is no supervisory responsibility in this position
- Treats all clients with dignity and respect
- Provides excellent customer service
- Conforms to Joint Commission and HIPAA regulations
- Complies with PHI (Protected Health Information)
- Demonstrates the Nuvodia values by knowing and understanding the mission, values and goals: Authenticate Connections, Ownership Mentality, Continuous Growth, and Enduring Results
- Education: Associates Degree in related field or equivalent experience
- Experience: Two years of related experience including--
- Technical helpdesk experience preferred
- Experience with PC, Network and Microsoft Technology
- Experience with healthcare applications preferred
- Knowledge of PC Hardware/Software engineering
- Knowledge of Server administration/monitoring/software
- Knowledge in software and image creation/deployment via 3rd party software (Altiris, Ghost, etc.) and scripting.
- Previous experience working for a Managed IT Services (MSP) preferred
- Computer Skills: Experience with the following computer applications is highly desired:
- ConnectWise Manage or like professional services automation (PSA) tool
- ConnectWise BrightGauge or like business intelligence (BI) tool
- IT Glue or like knowledge base tool
- n-Able N-Central or like remote management and monitoring (RMM) tool
- Microsoft Products: Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Word, Visio
- Drug Test: Eligible employees must be able to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test which includes marijuana.
Pay Range: $19.53 - $31.37
Benefits Include: Employees can enroll in medical and dental insurance and are covered by basic vision and life insurance. Employees are able to enroll in our company's 401k retirement plan and will receive paid vacation, sick, and personal leave, paid holidays and quarterly profitability bonuses.