Senior Unified Communications & Collaboration Engineer (#00287)
Information Technology Services (ITS) at Old Dominion University is seeking a full-time employee to provide advanced IT engineering and support for Unified Communications and Collaboration systems, especially in the areas of email, video communications and collaboration tools. Also, this employee will provide advanced IT technical support in the planning, implementation, management, and support of these systems to include email, calendaring, IM, Presence, SPAM control, web conferencing, IP Telephony, video conferencing, document sharing and other enterprise-wide collaboration solutions. This employee will participate in developing strategies, solutions, and recommending enhancements.
Required qualifications include:
- Extensive knowledge of the principles, practices and techniques for system and application administration in an enterprise environment.
- Extensive knowledge of enterprise collaboration tools and related applications such as email, calendaring, IM, Presence, web conferencing, video conferencing, document sharing and other enterprise-wide collaboration solutions.
- Thorough knowledge of server hardware and software and appropriate system practices.
- Considerable knowledge of systems design, security, and planning.
- Considerable knowledge of unified communications technologies including IP Telephony, voice mail and call distribution systems.
- Basic knowledge of UNIX, Active Directory, and the associated hardware and software.
- Considerable knowledge of email protocols, general network communication protocols, mail related applications such as Microsoft Exchange or other enterprise-wide mail system, anti-virus and anti-spam applications, email access for mobile technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with vendors and co-workers.
- Ability and willingness to learn and work with new leading-edge technologies with minimal assistance and limited to no prior knowledge.
- Ability to manage and drive results in a complex environment and to manage and complete multiple projects concurrently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to effectively manage time.
Preferred qualifications include:
- Some experience with hardware and related software to include data storage, load balancing, virtual servers, spam control, etc.
- Some experience administering Microsoft Exchange, Office 365, Box, spam tools, Skype for Business, SharePoint, Google Apps, Cisco UCM, Unity Voicemail, WebEx.
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology or related field, or training and experience equivalent to an advanced degree.
Position opens on May 16, 2022. To review required knowledge, skills, and abilities for this position and to submit an application, please visit http://jobs.odu.edu/postings/16174. AA/EOE