IT Help Desk Technician (#00999)
Information Technology Services (ITS) at Old Dominion University is seeking a full-time IT Help Desk Technician to provide customer service and support to all ODU faculty, staff, and students who receive the technology services provided by ITS. The customer’s ability to use those services and their total technology experience are directly impacted by the quality of customer service provided. This position will develop and maintain online technical support and documentation using various web-based technologies.
Required qualifications include:
- Considerable knowledge of customer service techniques to include understanding customer needs and effectively communicating options for problem resolution.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft operating systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Apple operating systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of personal computer (Windows and OS X) hardware and software troubleshooting and resolution.
- Demonstrated knowledge troubleshooting Internet-based applications.
- Working knowledge of technologies applicable to business processes in a customer service environment.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage time.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent research skills.
Preferred qualifications include:
- Some experience providing facilitated technical training.
- Significant experience developing technical documentation.
- Significant experience following standard incident management techniques.
- Some knowledge of data communications protocols.
- Basic knowledge of Linux systems.
- Basic knowledge of system practices in a client/server environment.
- Significant experience working in a fast-paced, front-line technology support center.
- Some experience carrying out technical troubleshooting and supporting remote users.
- Prior experience supporting technology in higher education.
- Special licenses, registration or certification: Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE), A+ certification.
- Bachelor’s degree in a computer related field or equivalent combination of knowledge and/or experience.
Position opens June 20, 2022. To review required knowledge, skills, and abilities for this position and to submit an application, please visit http://jobs.odu.edu/postings/16431. AA/EOE