Information Security Manager (#00522)
Information Security Manager (#00522)
$ Sign-on bonus available!
» Flexible hybrid / telework option as a condition of employment! «
Are you passionate about information security? Do you enjoy contributing to the community in a meaningful way through higher education? Does the idea of contributing your talent, skill, and abilities to protecting the information assets of a Carnegie Classified R1 Research Doctoral Institution intrigue you?
If you responded positively to these questions, you may be the person we need to join our Information Security team!
Information Technology Services (ITS) at Old Dominion University is seeking a full-time Information Security Manager whose primary responsibility is to provide leadership, as well as strategic, operational, and tactical direction to the University’s Information Technology teams. The Information Security Manager oversees the daily operations of the Information Security Operations Team and leads ITS through the information security program by establishing highly effective policies, procedures, tools, and appropriate collaboration among teams. In addition, this leader assumes responsibility for the education and enforcement of those procedures.
Required qualifications include:
- Considerable knowledge of event management (SIEM) systems, Next-generation firewall, threat intelligence platforms, security automation and orchestration solutions, intrusion detection and prevention systems (IDS/IPS), vulnerability scanning, data loss prevention (DLP), email protection, and other network and system monitoring tools.
- Working knowledge of databases, network architecture, storage servers, and enterprise software applications.
- Working knowledge of cloud services, third-party risk management, and application security.
- Advanced understanding of systems administration and hardening with Windows, macOS, and Linux operating systems.
- Working knowledge of threats and vulnerabilities, in addition to principles of IR and chain of custody.
- Working knowledge of directory systems, such as LDAP and Active Directory.
- Working knowledge of authentication systems and multi-factor authentication.
- Strong written and oral communication skills across varying levels of the organization.
- Strong business and interpersonal skills to manage risk to the business, interface with other business units, and develop engineers and analysts.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate detailed, technical information in a manner comprehensible by individuals at varying degrees of experience and skill level.
- Demonstrated ability to read the room and adapt communication in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to speak confidently in front of large groups and with executives, vendors, and service providers.
- Excellence in communicating business risk from cybersecurity issues
Preferred qualifications include:
- Demonstrated skill in risk analysis and continuity planning.
- Understanding of scripting for automation, data mining, reporting, metrics, and alerts.
- Generally familiar with one or more regulatory requirements and laws such as, but not limited to, FERPA, PCI, HIPAA, CMMC, and GLBA.
- Working knowledge of encryption and public key infrastructure (PKI) technologies.
- CISSP, CISM, GCIH, GCFA, GCFE, GCED Certification.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Assurance, MIS, or related field, or an equivalent combination of education, training, or experience.
- Security clearance.
Condition of Employment: The candidate or incumbent must be a U.S. Citizen.
Position is open until filled. To review required knowledge, skills, and abilities for this position and to submit an application, please visit http://jobs.odu.edu/postings/18127. AA/EOE