Project Manager (Information Technology)
Emporia State University is looking for a highly motivated individual to serve as the Project Manager within the Information Technology (IT) department. Candidates must show an aptitude to will work with IT directors to support and document projects. They must demonstrate an enthusiasm for using technology and proven project management methods to see projects through to completion on time and under budget.
The Project Manager works as part of a project management team. Duties are as follows:
- Coordinate projects from requirements definition through deployment, identifying schedules, scopes, budget estimations, and project implementation plans, including risk mitigation
- To coordinate internal and external resources, ensuring projects remain within scope, schedule, and defined budgets, in collaboration with project staff from various functional departments
- Analyze project progress and, when necessary, adapt scope, timelines, and costs to ensure that project team adheres to project requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- Industry standard certifications such as: PMP, CAPM, or other relevant certification may substitute for 2 years work experience each, up to 4 years
- Relevant years of experience in IT budget and project planning can be substituted for education
For more information regarding this position, including full position description and requirements, please visit www.emporia.edu/humres/jobs. Interested individuals meeting position requirements should include resume, cover letter, and contact information for three professional references apply at https://bit.ly/3ydKN4A . Review of applicants will continue until the positions are filled. Background check is required. An AA/EOE institution, Emporia State University encourages women and minorities to apply.
For application materials to be considered complete, please include a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references.