IT Support Specialist for Athletics
As Emporia State University focuses on changing the lives of students, we are experiencing a sense of excitement and expectation for the future! We are actively seeking an energetic, positive individual to fill a full-time IT Support Specialist in Athletics for the Information Technology team in Emporia, Kansas. The position works year-round and is eligible for a comprehensive benefits package including paid vacation, 403b retirement, tuition assistance, and much more.
The IT Support Specialist for Athletics will serve as the main technical support between the athletic department and IT for scoreboards and sound systems at various sporting locations and events. They will maintain, test, and inventory production equipment. They are responsible for updating and maintaining all video and technical equipment and software. They will work with outside vendors maintaining support contracts with preventive maintenance preformed on all sound systems and scoreboards.
- A high School diploma with at least five years of related experience, or Associates Degree in related field with at least three years of related experience, or bachelor’s degree in IS/IT, Business, or a related field is required, Master’s Degree preferred.
- Strong audio/visual, network, and wireless skills are a requirement along with people skills, high energy, and the ability to work effectively with a diverse community is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, is required. Strong organizational skills and a sharp attention to detail.
- Efficient time management skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Must be willing to work evening and weekend hours as needed.
To apply, upload a letter of application, a resume, unofficial transcripts, and contact information (names, phone numbers, and email addresses) for three references at https://bit.ly/3ERuEWW . Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
A background check is required.
Emporia State is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, sex, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other factors which cannot be considered by law.