IT Systems Coordinator - Extra-Help
The IT Systems Coordinator is a project manager position responsible for coordinating the planning, configuration, installation, and support of department information systems and related equipment. The position analyzes user requirements to identify and/or develop solutions to meet business needs and consults with executive management regarding system issues and recommendations. Additionally, the position will:
- Set project goals, create plans to meet those goals, and organize meetings to discuss project goals and progress
- Maintain project timeframes, budgeting estimates, and status reports
- Manage resources for projects, such as computer equipment and employees
- Develop and coordinate project team members' responsibilities and schedules
- Implement IT strategies that deliver projects on schedule and within budget
- Use Agile methodology in project implementation and project management tools to track project performance and schedule adherence
- Conduct risk assessments for projects
In order to meet the priorities and goals of this position, the ideal IT Systems Coordinator candidate will have the ability to understand an idea, situation, or problem through in-depth analysis, and will possess:
- Significant IT project management experience and/or substantial experience acting as a technical lead or second-tier support technician
- Knowledge of systems analysis, maintenance, programming, implementation, and integration
- Excellent business and systems analysis skills including the ability to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues
- The ability to work collaboratively, in a team environment, with multiple stakeholders
- A customer service-focused attitude and the ability to work with a diverse client base
- The ability to understand customers' needs in order to develop systems and processes to effectively meet end-user requirements
- Effective oral and written communication skills
While not required, a Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) or Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is highly desired.
Extra-help employees relieve or augment permanent staff. Temporary, extra-help employees are not in the classified civil service and do not have property rights to permanently allocated positions. In addition, they do not receive most employee benefits such as long-term disability insurance coverage; accrual of vacation; participation in the County retirement program; or eligibility to take promotional examinations. Temporary, extra-help employees are limited in their employment to a maximum of one calendar year. These employees must be off of work for three months before they can be re-employed on an extra help basis. Extra-help employees who meet the eligibility requirements may qualify for a County contribution toward medical coverage.
This recruitment is being conducted to fill a temporary, extra-help IT Systems Coordinator position in Permit Sonoma. This employment list may also be used to fill future extra-help positions as they occur during the active status of this list. The Civil Service title of this position is Department Information Systems Coordinator.
*Salary is negotiable within the established range.
Any combination of training and experience which would provide the opportunity to acquire the knowledge and abilities listed. Normally this would include:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities