Enterprise Financial System DIS Specialist I - Confidential
Note: The ACTTC Office is recruiting to fill an Enterprise Financial Systems Department Information Systems Specialist (EFS Specialist) at either the I or II level. If you are interested in applying at the II level of this opportunity, you must apply to the separate, concurrent recruitment being conducted for that level.
The EFS Specialist is an integral member of the EFS Support Organization. This position is responsible for supporting the information technology needs of county employees and contractors working with the ACTTC office. EFS Specialists help maintain access and functionality for budget, financial, and supply chain systems, which include but are not limited to, Oracle PeopleSoft Financials and Supply Chain Management, Oracle Planning and Budgeting Cloud Services, SQL Server Reporting Services, and Hyland OnBase.
Along with coordination of support responsibilities between various technical vendors and multiple government departments, the EFS Specialist will perform direct technical support, staff training, system and user account administration, and an ITIL based Change Control deployment of new technology for key budget and financial systems. As an EFS Specialist, you will provide multi-tier customer service, supporting end-users with setup, maintenance, and troubleshooting of software issues on devices, whether used at the county offices or remote location. Other typical duties of an EFS Specialist include:
- Creating functional and technical documentation for all approved system changes and administering regression testing plans
- Creating reports and analyzing data; revising and maintaining technical procedures and end user documentation
- Troubleshooting application configuration details and coordinating with vendors on issues impacting expected functionality
- Coordinating with the County’s ISD department other County personnel to evaluate and implement upgrades, patches, hardware, and software; and recommend solutions to increase productivity and efficiency
The ideal candidate will possess extensive experience with:
- Enterprise or departmental application administration
- Familiarity with Active Directory, security groups, and group policy
- Customer service/service desk experience in a Tier 1 and/or Tier 2 role
- Service desk experience in an enterprise environment to include troubleshooting application, network, and domain issues
- Experience with IT security compliance, information security, and general audit guidelines regarding regulatory compliance for PII
- Ability to work independently under time constraints
Experience in the following areas is highly desired:
- Oracle PeopleSoft Financials and Supply Chain Management application administration and/or development
- Oracle Planning and Budgeting Cloud Services application administration and/or development
- Customer service/service desk experience in a Tier 3 role and working with Tier 4 support organizations
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft PowerShell
- System Center Service Manager
Working at the County of Sonoma offers expansive opportunities for growth and development, the ability to be a part of a challenging and rewarding work environment, and the satisfaction of knowing you're working to better our communities. You can also look forward to flexible work arrangements and excellent benefits* including:
- A hybrid telework schedule that meets the needs of our staff, department operations, and the communities we serve may be available depending upon assignment
- Eligibility for a salary increase after 1,040 hours (6 months when working full-time) for good work performance; eligibility for a salary increase for good performance every year thereafter, until reaching the top of the salary range
- Competitive vacation and sick leave accruals, 12 paid holidays, and an additional 8 floating holiday hours per year
- County paid 100% premium contribution for the majority of employee-only and employee + family health plan options
- An annual Staff Development/Wellness Benefit allowance of up to $1,000 and ongoing education/training opportunities
- County contribution to a Health Reimbursement Arrangement to help fund post-retirement employee health insurance/benefits
- Retirement fully integrated with Social Security
- May be eligible for up to 8 weeks (320 hours) of Paid Parental Leave after 12 months of County employment
*Salary is negotiable within the established range. Benefits described herein do not represent a contract and may be changed without notice. Additional information can be found in the Salary Resolution (SalRes) and our Employee Benefits Directory.
The Civil Service title for this position is Department Information Systems Specialist I. This employment list may also be used to fill future full-time, part-time, or extra-help vacancies as they occur during the active status of the list. Qualified county employees who wish to be considered for future positions are strongly encouraged to apply to this recruitment.
Any combination of training and experience which would provide the opportunity to acquire the knowledge and abilities listed. Normally this would include:
Education: The equivalent to completion of twelve semester or eighteen quarter units in information systems, computer science or closely related field;
Experience: One year of experience in developing and maintaining information technology systems in a multi-platform information systems environment.
License: Possession of a valid driver's license at the appropriate level including special endorsements, as required by the State of California, may be required depending upon assignment to perform the essential job functions of the position.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Knowledge of: IT systems components and architecture; customer support techniques; basic network principles; commonly used software applications; system performance monitoring and troubleshooting; technical documentation methods and procedures; IT systems security methods and techniques; oral and written communication techniques; network equipment, tools and peripherals; operating systems installation and configuration procedures; installation, configuration, and maintenance of desktop components; operating environments; commonly used query languages; data management concepts and methods; server maintenance techniques; file formats used in the delivery of Web content; browser technical requirements.
Ability to: efficiently troubleshoot system problems; provide training to other technical staff; communicate factual and procedural information clearly, orally and in writing; gather and analyze basic facts and draw conclusions; install, configure, and test software on customer workstations; prepare and update manuals, instructions, and operating procedures; provide information and assistance to customers; ensure the application of appropriate security measures in accord with established procedures; assist in implementing and maintaining network and systems services; monitor network and systems performance and troubleshoot minor problems; document and initiate response to security problems; provide guidance and training to customers in accessing network and systems services; assist customers in installing and using applications; maintain database operations; assist in returning disrupted database systems to normal operations; create reports and manipulate data in response to customer requirements; convert user-developed content into workable Web pages; carry out server maintenance functions; test new browser versions for compatibility with existing services.
Selection Procedure & Some Helpful Tips When Applying
- Your application information and your responses to the supplemental questions are evaluated and taken into consideration throughout the entire selection process.
- You should list all employers and positions held within the last ten years in the work history section of your application and should be as thorough as possible when responding to the supplemental questions.
- You may include history beyond ten years if related to the position for which you are applying. If you held multiple positions with one employer, list out each position separately.
- Failure to follow these instructions may impact your competitiveness in this process or may result in disqualification.