IT Support Technician
Chattanooga Times Free Press has an immediate opening for an Information Technology (IT) Support Technician. This position is based at our downtown Chattanooga office and reports to the IT Manager.
The IT Technician works directly with local and remote end users to diagnose and resolve a wide variety of software and hardware issues in a fast-paced environment. The role is responsible for the various technologies used by the company, including laptops, desktops, mobile devices, printers, servers, networks, phone systems, and server operating systems. We are looking for individuals committed to providing excellent customer service through prompt problem resolution, communication, and documentation.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Installing and configuring computer hardware operating systems and applications.
- Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks.
- Talking staff through a series of actions, either face to face or over the telephone to help set up systems or resolve issues.
- Troubleshooting system and network problems and diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults.
- Replacing parts as required.
- Maintains, troubleshoots and supports network hardware in LAN, WAN, and wireless configurations.
- Maintains, troubleshoots, and supports phone systems.
- Supports the roll-out of new applications.
- Maintain computer virus prevention on all servers and PC’s.
- Setting up new user accounts and profiles (Active Directory) and dealing with password issues.
- Prioritizing and managing many open tickets at one time.
- Maintaining a good working relationship with end users and other IT professionals.
- Be “On-Call” on a rotating basis for emergencies requiring system work.
- Maintain system changes in accordance with company policies and procedures within the corporate helpdesk system. Adheres to change control policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- PC and Network knowledge/experience.
- Experience with: Microsoft Windows desktop operating systems including Windows 7/Windows 10/Windows 11 and Microsoft Windows Server 2012 and later; Mac OSX desktop operating system; Familiarity with Unix/Linux a plus.
- Active Directory account management.
- Knowledge and experience with common desktop applications such as Microsoft Office, anti-virus, email, browsers, etc. across Windows and MacOS.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities. College degree in the field of Information Technology preferred. Two years combination of a technical degree or certification and computer support-related experience (A+, MCSE, MCP).
We offer excellent full-time salary and benefits. Email your resume with cover letter of interest and complete contact information.
Equal Opportunity Employer