The Chattanooga Chamber of Commerce is seeking a Database Manager to join our IT department to help oversee our primary CRM database and other software applications, ensuring a high level of adoption, training, and great end-user experience. The ideal candidate would also lead or otherwise assist with Microsoft SharePoint-related projects and the automation and integration of applications as needed.
In addition to solid technical skills in database administration and troubleshooting, the position requires an engaging customer service attitude, attention to detail, thorough documentation skills, and a focus on meeting deadlines. The individual must have the ability to anticipate needs, think critically, and propose solutions that fit within the IT budget.
To apply for this position, submit a persuasive cover letter and resume combined into one PDF file, by 2 p.m., Sunday, July 3, 2022.
The successful candidate will join an award-winning Chamber team committed to promoting economic growth for the greater Chattanooga community in a team-oriented culture with a priority on communication and collaboration, where every team member is supported, developed, and encouraged to reach their fullest potential.
- Database Applications and Services - Overseeing the health and lifecycle of all database applications, software and company information hosted on-premise and in the cloud.
- Training and Adoption - Leading or otherwise assisting with efforts to create and deliver training presentations and assisting with IT-related content curation for the staff.
- Application Compliance Oversight - Discovering and monitoring the use of third-party applications and assist the Helpdesk with migrating user content for better oversight, control, and cost efficiencies.
- Automation & Workflows - Follow best practices to assist with integration of various applications and employing widely used platforms like Microsoft SharePoint, Azure AD, and Exchange.
- Fostering productive relationships with SaaS and on-prem application vendors and serving as technical liaison with vendors to address system-wide and user-specific issues and requests (report customizations, etc.).
- Assist with developing a team of “technology champions” across all departments to decrease technical friction and enhance the user experience. drive the successful construction and ongoing maintenance plan of an intranet and various other SharePoint applications to.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Associate degree in computer science or related field with 2-4 years of experience demonstrating similar job duties at a small or midsize company, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Basic knowledge of databases, application management, computer networking, network security, and technology troubleshooting
- Experience with Microsoft 365, Office 365, SharePoint, and modern workplace concepts
- Project management experience is a plus.